Why not be part of the 2017 UCI World Mountain Bike Championships?!
The 2017 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships are now seeking volunteers for the World’s premier mountain biking event. You might be a local wanting to support your community, an avid mountain biker, a veteran volunteer, a student wanting to gain experience at a world class event, or simply a lover of sport. No matter your motivation, being part of the event promises to be a stimulating and rewarding experience!
There are a variety of volunteer positions available including both on and off the course! Key functional areas include:
Event Services (Information tent, Expo Assistants, Ticket Sales, Parking, Uplift)
Athlete Services (Registration, Presentations)
You don’t need experience, just a friendly and approachable manner with a positive, can-do attitude!
For volunteer related questions check out our FAQ, or please email email@example.com
Becoming a volunteer can be a very rewarding and satisfying experience for people of all ages and walks of life. Volunteers are the driving force behind the success of our events. Without their efforts the support offered to staff, service delivered to the athletes, and the care taken with the spectators would not be possible!
What you’ll get?!
2017 UCI Mountain Bike World Championships uniform and gift.
Lunch pack each day
In person and online training and briefings
The chance to meet new people and create new opportunities
The opportunity to gain new skills or improve on existing ones.
20% off 2017 UCI Mountain Bike World Championship merchandise
Priority onsite parking
Complimentary event passes. Conditions apply
If you are part of a sporting, community, charity group and would like the opportunity to fundraise while volunteering, or require further information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
KEY FUNCTIONAL AREAS, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
2. Course marshals
6. Site services
9. Volunteer management
* You must be at least 18 years old (sorry we can’t recruit anybody
under the age of 18, no exceptions)
* You should be hardworking, enthusiastic and prepared
to take on all roles as directed by team leader
* You must be prepared to work long hours whatever the weather conditions
* You don’t need experience but if you have specific skills, other languages or have volunteered at the World Championships or Mountain Bike event before please tell us!
* Volunteers are required for variety of projects both before the event and during the week of the World Championships.
As an official UCI event there are strict media guidelines that need to be adhered to, for more information, please see below:
General rules for commercial videographer:
– One video operator per website/company (only official special interest media or news platform will be accepted, videographer has to own a press card or has to approve by an imprint, which verifies your editorial activity and which is not older than 6 months)
– No restriction (location or time) on practice filming; any video operator will have to sign a declaration in which he/she commits to only film during practice;
– Sub-licenses to shoot elite qualifying and final race will not be available:
– It is NOT allowed to use footage in regards to commercial use or provide third parties any footage for commercial use.
Accreditation information will be available closer to the event.